Spring is a hopeful season! It brings transformation and change; from darkness to light, from cold to warmth, from grey to bursts of color. For many military families, it is the beginning of the PCS season. As someone who has PCSed more times than I can count on both of my hands, I know the challenges that we face. Today I am going to sharing my ultimate favorite PCS tricks and tips with you!
1. PURGE BABY PURGE! I love Spring Cleaning! Said no one ever, but seriously purging is essential before a PCS. The amount of unnecessary items we accumulate in a 3 year time frame will BLOW your mind and its absolutely satisfying to rid yourself of all that clutter.
2. DON’T BUY BOXES! You are in a military community honey! Post on any of the Facebook groups you are in and I can guarantee you will be able to find all that you need!
3. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH! You can never research enough. Post in the groups you are currently in and add yourself to your new duty station pages. Take recommendations with a grain of salt and follow those up with your own research.
4. Involve your kids! Include them in the planning process. Have them take pictures of their special items, pack their belongs that are staying with you and pick stops on your way to your new duty station.
5. Give yourself time to breathe and relax. Plan dinner out with your friends, take some time for selfcare! Moving is STRESSFUL! If you are stressed, everyone else in your family will pick up the vibes and it will eat away at you all! Do not be afraid to ask for help, we are a community and are here to raise each other up.